Ronan is Professor of Corporate Finance at the UCD Graduate School of Business. Prior positions include Professor of Finance at Dublin City University (2013-2015), and Associate Professor of Finance at the UNSW School of Business, Sydney (2001-2013). Before moving to Australia in 2001, he was a lecturer in Finance at Queen's University Belfast. He has held visiting positions at the University of Washington and City University New York. In 2014, he was appointed to the Cassells expert group on the future funding of higher education in Ireland. He holds a PhD in Finance from the University of Essex. Ronan has expertise in corporate finance, with an emphasis on the valuation consequences of mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, and measuring the returns to innovative investments. He has won external grant funding for his research from the Centre for International Finance and Regulation (CIFR) in Australia, and the Science Foundation Ireland (in conjunction with the Irish Research Council). He has published in leading international journals, including the Journal of Financial Economics, Journal of Corporate Finance, Journal of Business Finance and Accounting, and the Journal of Banking and Finance. He is an Editor for the Journal of Business Finance and Accounting.
UNIVERSITY COLLEGE DUBLIN APPOINTMENTS
- DirectorCentre for Doctoral Research, Dublin2 Nov 2015
- Lecturer in FinanceQueen's University of Belfast1 Aug 1995 - 21 Dec 2001
- Senior Lecturer in FinanceUniversity of New South Wales2 Jan 2001 - 31 Aug 2012
- University of New South WalesAssociate Professor in Finance3 Sep 2012 - 31 Jul 2013
- Dublin City UniversityProfessor of Finance1 Aug 2013 - 30 Sep 2015
- PhDUniversity of Essex