School of Languages, Cultures and Linguistics
Are you Síofra Pierse?
Edit your profile
Síofra Pierse is Associate Professor in French and Francophone Studies in the School of Languages, Cultures and Linguistics at UCD Dublin (Office: A318 Newman Building, UCD, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland). Her research interests lie within 18th-century French literature and history of ideas, with particular focus on Voltaire's historiography and the literature/doubt interface. She lectures in language and literature at undergraduate and MA levels, and currently supervises two PhD students. She read for her postgraduate degrees at Oxford (Trinity College): 1999 D.Phil. (Oxon): 'Voltaire and Clio: From History to Story' and 1995 M.St. (Oxon): 'Voltaire and the Writing of History'. Her undergraduate BA is from University College Cork: 1994 BA (UCC) Joint Hons: French & Italian. During her doctoral studies, she taught early modern French tutorials at a number of Oxford colleges (1995-97). She held teaching posts as Lectrice d'Anglais and as Maitre de Langues at the Ecole normale superieure, rue d'Ulm, Paris (1997-99). She was also Chargée des cours d'anglais at the École des Chartes, Paris (1997-99), before coming to lecture at UCD in September 1999.
- Maitre de languesParis: Ecole normale superieure, Dépt. dAnglo-américain1 Sep 1998 - 21 Aug 1999
- LectriceParis: Ecole normale superieure, Dépt. dAnglo-américain1 Sep 1997 - 31 Aug 1998
- Chargee des cours d'anglaisParis: Ecole des Chartes, Chargée des cours d'anglais1 Sep 1997 - 31 Aug 1999
- Assistant LecturerUniversity College Dublin Dublin, French & Francophone Studies, Dept. of French1 Sep 1999 - 31 Aug 2000
- Lecturer in French and Francophone StudiesUniversity College Dublin Dublin, French & Francophone Studies, School of Languages and Literatures1 Sep 2000 - present
- Senior Lecturer in French and Francophone StudiesUniversity College Dublin Dublin: School of Languages, Linguistics and Cultures, Ireland1 Jan 2013 - 1 Jan 2013
- Associate Professor in French & Francophone StudiesUniversity College Dublin Dublin; School of Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Ireland1 Jan 2015 - present
- BAUniversity College Cork
- DPhilOxford University UK
- M StOxford University UK