I am an Assistant Professor and Ad Astra Fellow in the School of Politics and International Relations at University College Dublin. I hold a PhD in Political Science from Trinity College Dublin. My research focuses on political representation, party competition, political communication, and public opinion. I apply a range of research methods, such as quantitative text analysis, machine learning, speech recognition, and experimental designs. I am a core contributor to the quanteda R package, Training Advisor of the Quanteda Initiative, author of extensive tutorials on quantitative text analysis, and co-founder of Zurich Text as Data. I am a member of the Conntected_Politics Lab at University College Dublin and the Digital Democracy Lab at the University of Zurich. Moreover, I maintain the Irish Polling Indicator.
- BAUniversity of Bonn Germany
- MScTrinity College Dublin
- PG CertTrinity College Dublin
- PhDTrinity College Dublin
- Certificate in Academic Teaching & Supporting LearningTrinity College Dublin, Ireland15 Dec 2016
- EnglishCan read, write, speak, understand and peer review
- GermanCan read, write, speak, understand and peer review