Susan Leavy is a research fellow at University College Dublin with research interests concerning artificial intelligence and digital policy, developing interdisciplinary frameworks for the governance and regulation of machine learning algorithms. Her postdoctoral research with the School of English, Drama and Film and Insight Centre for Data Analytics explores the use of artificial intelligence and text mining for cultural analytics. Susan earned a PhD at Trinity College Dublin detecting bias in political news with machine learning and natural language processing. She holds an MPhil in Gender and Women's studies, an MSc in Artificial Intelligence and a BA in Philosophy and English Literature. Susan also worked internationally managing the design and development of large-scale trading platforms in the financial technology sector.
- Business Analyst / Project ManagerWellington Asset Management, Boston, United States1 Jan 1900
- Systems AnalystBNP Paribas, London, United Kingdom1 Jan 1900
- BAUniversity College Dublin
- MScUniversity of Edinburgh
- MPhilTrinity College Dublin
- PhDTrinity College Dublin