Graduated from the Middlesex Hospital School of Physiotherapy in London in 1991. She was awarded a Master of Medical Science from University College Dublin 1996 and a PhD in 2004. In 2011 she was awarded a Graduate Diploma in University Teaching and Learning. Tara is a Specialist Member Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists.Tara is a Senior Lecturer in UCD, School of Public Health, Physiotherapy and Sports Science. She is currently a UCD Fellow in Teaching and Academic Development examining staff perceptions of teaching research linkages. In 2015 with Professor Brian Caulfield and Professor Susi Geiger, she secured 1,016,223 from Horizon 2020 for a project entitled Connected Health Early Stage Researcher Support System (CHESS) which will develop an interdisciplinary education programme for primary health care professionals. Tara conducts pedagogical and clinical research, while also supervising undergraduate, MSc and PhD research in both areas. She has international peer reviewed journal publications in the areas of education and chronic disease management. Tara was an external examiner for interprofessional education at Glasgow Caledonian University from 2011 to 2014. Tara completed a Graduate Diploma in University Teaching and Learning in 2011. She has previously been a Teaching Fellow of the Dublin Region Higher Education Alliance (DRHEA), a cross institutional collaboration which examined the First Year Experience, which sought to promote academic engagement and collaboration amongst member institutions of the DRHEA. Tara was awarded the UCD Excellence in Teaching and Learning College Teaching Award in 2010, and was shortlisted by UCD for the National Academy for Integration of Research Teaching and Learning (NAIRTL) Awards in 2012.
- LecturerUniversity College Dublin - School of Physiotherapy and Performance Science30 Dec 1999
- PhysiotherapistOur Lady's Hospice Harold Cross30 Dec 1999
- PhysiotherapistScholarstown Family Practice, Scholarstown, Knocklyon, Dublin 16.30 Dec 1999
- Junior PhysiotherapistAddenbrookes NHS Trust Hospital, Cambridge, UK.30 Dec 1999
- Dip PhysioMiddlesex School of Physio
- MMedScUniversity College Dublin
- Grad Dip University Teaching & LearningUniversity College Dublin