Completed a BSc in Zoology at the University of Bristol, UK in 1990; completed a PhD at the University of Sydney with Tony Underwood in 1996. First postdoc based at the Northern Territory University in Darwin, investigated stock enhancement of trochid gastropods in Australia, Indonesia and Vanuatu. Returned to the UK in 1998 for a NERC postdoctoral fellowship with Steve Hawkins' group at the University of Southampton. Joined the staff at UCD in July 2001; currently director of the UCD Earth Institute www.ucd.ie/earth.
UNIVERSITY COLLEGE DUBLIN APPOINTMENTS
- Director, UCD Earth InstituteUniversity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland1 Aug 2017
- Associate Dean of ScienceUniversity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland1 Aug 2014 - 31 Jul 2017
- Research AssociateNorthern Territory University30 Dec 1999 - 30 Dec 1999
- NERC Postdoctoral FellowUniversity of Southampton30 Dec 1999 - 30 Dec 1999
- BScUniversity of Bristol
- PhDThe University of Sydney