Are you Vivienne Duggan?
Edit your profile
Vivienne Duggan is currently working as an Associate Professor in Equine Clinical Studies at University College Dublin, in Ireland where she is Head of the Equine Clinical Studies, Diagnostic Imaging and Anaesthesia Section. Vivienne trained at the Veterinary College of Ireland at UCD, before moving to the United States to complete internship and residency training programmes in Equine Internal Medicine, and a PhD in Veterinary Biomedical Sciences at Oklahoma State University. She subsequently spent time in equine general and specialty practice in Ireland and New Zealand. In 2006 she joined the UCD School of Veterinary Medicine. She is a specialist in Equine Internal Medicine, being Board Certified with the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine and the European College of Equine Internal Medicine. She was President of Veterinary Ireland, the representative body for veterinarians in Ireland, in 2014 and represents Veterinary Ireland on the Federation of European Equine Veterinary Associations (FEEVA) and the DAFM Equine Infectious Disease liaison committee. Her research interests include equine internal medicine, equine welfare and infectious diseases.She is currently a nominated member of the Veterinary Council of Ireland.
- Associate ProfessorUniversity College Dublin School of Veterinary Medicine, Ireland16 Jan 2016
- Lecturer Large Animal (Equine) MedicineUniversity College Dublin School of Agriculture, Food Science and Veterinary Medicine, Ireland16 Jan 2006 - 15 Jan 2016
- Equine Medicine ResidentOklahoma State University College of Veterinary Medicine1 Aug 2001 - 31 Jul 2004
- Intern Equine MedicineOklahoma State University College of Veterinary Medicine1 Jul 1999 - 30 Jun 2000
- Stud Veterinarian Bloomsbury Stud, Head of Equine Medicine SectionMatamata Veterinary Services, New Zealand22 Aug 2005 - 30 Dec 2005
- Assistant VeterinarianGrey Abbey Veterinary Hospital, Kildare7 Mar 2005 - 12 Aug 2005
- Assistant Stud VeterinarianMatamata Veterinary Services, New Zealand15 Aug 2004 - 11 Feb 2005
- Associate Veterinary SurgeonO' Scannaill and Associates Veterinary Surgeons1 Aug 2000 - 27 Jul 2001
- MVBUniversity College Dublin
- PhDOklahoma State University USA
- Prof Dip University Teaching & LearningUniversity College Dublin