Are you Bill Watson?
Edit your profile
Professor Watson received his PhD degree in Biochemistry from the Department of Biochemistry, University College Cork in 1995. He then undertook his post-doctoral research in University of Toronto and the Toronto General Hospital in Canada, before returning in 1997, to the Department of Surgery, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital as a college Lecturer in University College Dublin. He is now Professor of Cancer Biology in the UCD School of Medicine, University College Dublin, Head of Pathology and Director of the Biomedical Health and Life Science honours BSc programme. Apart from his undergraduate and post-graduate teaching responsibilities, he has an active internationally recognised research group. As a translational biologist based in the Conway Institute he utilises latest technologies to study cellular and molecular pathways and clinical collaboration through the Prostate Cancer Research Consortium (of which he is the lead PI) to expand the understanding of the initiation and progression of prostate cancer in order to identify diagnostic and prognostic biomarkers and therapeutic sites for manipulation.
- Ph.D. StudentRoyal College of Surgeons in Ireland1 Oct 1992 - 30 Jun 1995
- Post Doctoral Research FellowUniversity of Toronto and Toronto General Hospital1 Jul 1995 - 30 Sep 1997
- College LecturerUniversity College Dublin1 Oct 1997 - 30 Dec 1999
- Senior LecturerUniversity College Dublin, Surgery, Ireland1 Jan 2000 - 1 Aug 2017
- Associate Professor/Professor of Cancer BiologyUniversity College Dublin, School of Medicine, Washington, Ireland1 Sep 2007 - 31 Dec 2017
- Full Professor of Cancer BiologyUniversity College Dublin, School of Medicine, Ireland15 Jan 2018
- BScUniversity College Dublin
- GRSCDublin Institute of Technology (DIT) IRL
- PhDRoyal Coll Surgeons in Ireland