Dr. Zizhen Wang is a postdoctoral research fellow at the UCD Sutherland School of Law. He obtains a BA in sociology from Minzu University of China in 2014 and a PhD in sociology from UCD in 2018 under the supervision of Professor Philip O’Connell. His doctoral thesis explores international students as global migrants and investigates their migratory behaviour and labour market outcome in Europe. Zizhen joined the Effective Nature Laws project team (ERC funded) at the UCD Sutherland School of Law in September 2018. His main research tasks in this ERC project involve statistical analysis on legal coding datasets and experimental design.
- Postdoctoral Research FellowUniversity College Dublin, Sutherland School of Law, Dublin, Ireland10 Sep 2018
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)University College Dublin
- PhDUniversity College Dublin, Geary Institute for Public Policy, Dublin, Ireland1 Sep 2014 - 31 Aug 2018International Student Migration Behaviour and Labour Market Outcomes: A Quantitative Analysis on Social CapitalSupervised by O‘Connell P
- BAMinzu University of China, School of Sociology, Beijing, China1 Sep 2010 - 30 Jun 2014
- Chinese (Mandarin)Can read, write, speak, understand and peer review
- EnglishCan read, write, speak, understand and peer review