Are you Eoghan Holohan?
Edit your profile
Interests: Eoghan researches the development of focused ground subsidence phenomena in Ireland and elsewhere. Natural phenomena include calderas in volcanic regions (e.g. Iceland, La Reunion island) and sinkholes in karst regions (e.g. Ireland, the Dead Sea). Man-made phenomena occur due to mining, groundwater pumping and hydrocarbon extraction. He is also generally interested in all things volcanic and tectonic. Biography: Eoghan graduated from Trinity College Dublin (TCD) with a B.A. in Natural Science (2002), a Diploma in Statistics (2004), and a PhD in Geology (2008). He spent one year (2006-7) as an Assistant Lecturer in structural geology in University College Dublin (UCD), and then joined the Fault Analysis Group on a IRCSET-funded post-doctoral fellowship in 2007-2009. Eoghan then won an IRCSET-Marie Curie INSPIRE international mobility fellowship (2009-2012) that facilitated a collaborative research project based at both UCD and the German Research Centre for Geosciences (GFZ) in Potsdam, Germany. He subsequently took up a research scientist position at GFZ Potsdam (2012-2015), before re-joining UCD in 2016 as a College Lecturer in structural geology and tectonics. Since July 2017, Eoghan is an associate professor of earth sciences.
- Demonstrator in geology practical classes and field courses. Exam invigilator.Department of Geology, Trinity College, Dublin1 Oct 2002 - 1 Oct 2005
- Part-time lecturer and demonstrator in geology practical classes and field coursesDepartment of Geology, Trinity College, Dublin1 Oct 2004 - 1 Oct 2005
- Broad Curriculum Postgraduate Teaching FellowDepartment of Geology, Trinity College, Dublin1 Oct 2005 - 1 Oct 2006
- Broad Curriculum Postgraduate Teaching FellowDepartment of Geology, Trinity College, Dublin1 Oct 2003 - 1 Oct 2004
- Assistant Lecturer in Structural GeologyUniversity College Dublin1 Sep 2006 - 1 Sep 2007
- Post-Doctoral Research FellowUniversity College Dublin1 Dec 2007 - 30 Nov 2012
- College Lecturer in Structural Geology and TectonicsUniversity College Dublin, UCD School of Earth Sciences, Dublin, Ireland1 Jan 2016 - 30 Jun 2017
- Research ScientistHelmholtz Centre Potsdam - German Research Centre for Geosciences (GFZ)3 Dec 2012 - 31 Dec 2015
- BA (Mod)Trinity College Dublin
- Dip StatTrinity College Dublin2003 - 2004
- Dip StatTrinity College Dublin
- PhD-2002 - 2008
- GermanCan read, write, speak and understand