I am Assistant Professor in Statistics at University College Dublin since September 2017 where I also serve as Programme Director of the BSc and BA degrees in Statistics since August 2018. During my research activity I have been working closely with scientists with different expertise (e.g. social scientists, engineers, geographers, computer scientists, etc.) in order to yield important practical results as well as developments of new statistical techniques. An important part of my research activity is concerning the design of free software packages to make the research findings accessible to end users both in or outside academia. I have been invited to present my work at several international conferences and seminars including as Keynote speaker at useR!2017 meeting - the most important international conference for users of the R statistical software.
UNIVERSITY COLLEGE DUBLIN APPOINTMENTS
- Programme Director of BSc and BA in StatisticsUniversity College Dublin, School of Mathematics and Statistics, Ireland22 Aug 2018
- Lecturer/Assistant Professor in StatisticsUniversity College Dublin, School of Mathematics and Statistics, Ireland1 Sep 2017
- Lecturer in StatisticsBirkbeck, University of London14 Sep 2015 - 31 Aug 2017
- Postdoctoral Research Assistant in Bayesian StatisticsUniversity of Bristol, Bristol, United Kingdom1 May 2013 - 31 Aug 2015
- Postdoctoral Research FellowNational University of Ireland, Maynooth, Maynooth, Ireland1 Mar 2012 - 30 Apr 2013
- PhDUniversity College Dublin