I am an Assistant Professor in Statistics at University College Dublin since September 2017 where I also serve as Programme Director of the BSc and BA degrees in Statistics since August 2018. From 2015 to 2017, I was a Lecturer and Programme Director and Administrator Tutor of the Graduate Certificate/Diploma in Statistics at Birkbeck, University of London. From 2013 to 2015, I was a postdoctoral research assistant in the interdisciplinary CREDIBLE research group at the University of Bristol where I worked on Bayesian methods for assessing uncertainty and risk in natural hazards. From 2012 to 2013, I was a postdoctoral research associate in Statistics in the National Centre for Geocomputation (NCG) at Maynooth University where I worked on a novel approach to investigate spatial non-stationarity in regression models and I contributed to the R package GWmodel. In 2012, I got my PhD in Statistics at the University College Dublin (UCD) under the supervision of Prof. Brendan Murphy. Prior to this, in 2006 I got a Italian-French Double degree (BSc) in Mathematical and Computational Statistics from University of Genoa (Italy) and University of Nice Sophia Antipolis (France). In 2008, I received my MSc in Statistics at the University of Bologna, where I won a visiting scholarship to work on my thesis at ESSEC Business School of Paris.
UNIVERSITY COLLEGE DUBLIN APPOINTMENTS
- Programme Director of BSc and BA in StatisticsUniversity College Dublin, School of Mathematics and Statistics, Ireland22 Aug 2018
- Lecturer/Assistant Professor in StatisticsUniversity College Dublin, School of Mathematics and Statistics, Ireland1 Sep 2017
- Lecturer in StatisticsBirkbeck, University of London14 Sep 2015 - 31 Aug 2017
- Postdoctoral Research Assistant in Bayesian StatisticsUniversity of Bristol, Bristol, United Kingdom1 May 2013 - 31 Aug 2015
- Postdoctoral Research FellowNational University of Ireland, Maynooth, Maynooth, Ireland1 Mar 2012 - 30 Apr 2013
- PhDUniversity College Dublin