Michelle began her career as a radiographer in University Hospital Galway, where she developed her skills across general radiography, trauma radiography, fluoroscopy and theatre radiographer. In 2012, she began working as a radiographer in Global Diagnostics and was later promoted to Radiation Safety Officer (RSO). Her role as RSO involves quality assurance, ensuring the radiation safety program is compliant with regulations, reviewing occupational and patient exposures and educating staff in the area of radiation safety.She began her academic career working as a graduate demonstrator in University College Dublin, and became a Lecturer in Diagnostic Imaging in 2014. She is Clinical Coordinator for Stages 1 & 2 Radiography, RISPACS administrator, and module coordinator for a number of undergraduate modules. Internationally she is involved in multidisciplinary teaching and research activities such as the Optimax summer research school, Erasmus plus programme, Quinnipiac exchange programme and the European Academy of English for Health Professionals.
- Graduate DemonstratorUniversity College Dublin, Ireland1 Aug 2012 - 31 May 2014
- LecturerUniversity College Dublin22 Jun 2014
- RadiographerGlobal Diagnostics Ltd, Ireland1 Sep 2012
- Radiation Safety OfficerGlobal Diagnostics Ltd, Ireland17 May 2017
- BScUniversity College Dublin
- PhDUniversity College Dublin